Clear Kayak & Clear SUP Rentals & Tours
An adventure not to be missed
Wild Society is the ONE and ONLY clear kayak & SUP rental and adventure company providing such an incredible journey on Lake Tahoe's North Shore.
Take in all of Lake Tahoe's vast and picturesque landscape. With its crystal clear clarity, various shades of turquoise shores and gorgeous private coves and hidden beaches all over; there is no better way to take in the magical scenery than floating along in an entirely transparent kayak or SUP delivering views unlike any other.
Our clear kayaks each are equipped with wireless waterproof speakers with USB plug to play what you desire with your own personal device, waterproof phone cases that keep your phones dry and even allow you to take underwater photos, high-quality "dry bags", binoculars, goggles and snorkels, a small cooler, 2 cup holders, selfie sticks and, of course, safety equipment needed to protect you in any situation.
NOTE: Some of these fun accessories (speakers, goggles/snorkels, coolers and binoculars) are upon request only, but free of charge. Please let your Travel Ambassador know you are wanting these items and we will be sure to include them with your rental!
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we may decide to discontinue the use of certain shared items, such as goggles, snorkels, binoculars and phone cases, but will have some to purchase at our location prior to your adventure. Thank you for your understanding as we make adjustments to our experiences to provide all of our adventurers a safe space to enjoy without any COVID-19 risks.
Light Up this summer and explore Lake Tahoe after dark in our lit-up Clear Kayaks! The amazing team over at Crystal Kayaks has perfected THE experience of the summer and it was well worth the wait! With a lighting system that makes each kayak glow in a variety of different colors and spotlight-like-light that gives you visibility of the water up to 20ft. below; this is an adventure unlike any seen in Lake Tahoe before! Book this magical tour today!
It's with great sadness that we have decided to put all of our tours on hold at this time. Due to the continued uptick of COVID-19 cases and surge in visitors from all over, we feel it is best to take a break from our adventures where strangers are in close proximity of each other. Our continued goal is to provide an absolute safe space for all of our adventurers.
But we promise this incredible experience will be back and better than ever in due time!
CLEAR KAYAK & SUP RENTALS ARE STILL AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
**We do not operate/deliver our kayaks/SUPs to Sand Harbor**
90% of our photos seen here on our website and various social media pages were all taken a short distance from our launch location. You will still get to experience that stunning turquoise water and large boulders you desire!
*At least a 2 hour rental is recommended to get over to the area we suggest and the 3 & 4 hour options give you plenty of time to reach a very beautiful cove only accessible by watercraft (HIGHLY recommended)*
Please review our notes Below the Online Booking window on this page before booking.
If you do not see the availability on the date and time you are looking for, give us a call! We might have more kayaks/SUPs available than what you see online.
We would like to note that we are overwhelmed with calls & emails during our peak months and it can sometimes take us up to 72 hours (sometimes even longer; especially over weekends) to return all messages.
Price includes CA Sales Tax.
Book Crystal Kayak Rentals Below
PLEASE NOTE -
All kayaks are double kayaks, but can easily be used as a single.
When renting our Clear Kayaks & Paddle Boards you must adhere to our rules, guidelines, and restrictions. These rules and restrictions are in place for your safety, the safety of our staff, and the longevity of our equipment:
For cancellations, please contact us at least 48 hours before your scheduled rental to avoid being charged without possibility of refund. Any and all scheduling changes must be made prior to this 48 hour window, as well, and falls under the same policy. Last minute changes are subject to the same penalties as last minute cancellations and no-shows.
Our policy is written without exceptions.
Of course, the weather here in Lake Tahoe can be unpredictable, so please be aware of the possibility of cancellation if the weather does not permit and the conditions are unsafe. In these circumstances, full refund will be given. We appreciate your understanding.
Please abide by our rules and do not deny your fellow adventurers of this opportunity by making last minute changes. We have tons that are eagerly awaiting their chance to enjoy this experience. Thank you for your cooperation.
**ALL adventurers MUST arrive on time, 20 minutes prior to scheduled launch time and return at the scheduled time. Late arrivals are at risk of cancellation WITHOUT refund. If you have not arrived 20 minutes after your scheduled start time, your reservation will be cancelled and your reserved kayaks will be given to one of the many people on our Cancellation List. We will not accommodate late arrivals by allowing our adventurers to go out for the remainder of their originally scheduled time and cannot adjust rental times when arriving late. For those who return the kayaks later than the scheduled return time; will be charged our hourly rate ($45/hr.) for every 30 minutes of the additional rental time not previously arranged with our staff. We have lots of adventurers looking forward to sharing this experience, so please respect their time and ours when thinking of extending your journey or arriving late without making prior arrangements with our staff. Absolutely no exceptions to the above rules.
Most importantly if you feel like your age, physical health, or mental condition may cause any harm to yourself or our staff please do not rent from us. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Also, if for any reason we feel that your age, physical, mental condition or behavior and attitude may put yourself, your group, other people, our equipment, property or staff in jeopardy, we will not rent to you.
Rules and Regulations
• We will need to take a copy of your Driver's License, so please be sure to bring that along with you at check-in.
• At this time, due to safety concerns brought on by the heavy winter and extremely cool waters, age limit is 5 years or older; please let us know ahead of time if a minor will be joining you.
• Weight Capacity per kayak is 400 lbs.
• Weight Capacity per paddle board is 200 lbs.
• All participants must wear buckled life jackets at all times on board the kayaks & SUPs *One size fits most; please let us know prior to rental if youth or larger sized vest is needed
• Minors must be accompanied in the kayak at all times. *There are some exceptions to this rule (school trips, kids’ camps, etc) and other written permissions apply.
• We do not allow participants to transport our kayaks or SUPs. We will set you up with the equipment, give you instruction and safety briefing and direct you to our launch location directly below our shop.
• We love our furry friends, but they will have to stay home for this adventure. No pets allowed.
• Please do not bring glass items of any kind.
• Alcohol is Prohibited. Please do not bring alcohol of any kind in our kayaks or show up to your rental after having consumed alcohol.
• Please be mindful of your surroundings. We appreciate our participants’ contributions to the protection and conservation of this beautiful lake. Pack it in, pack it out and Keep Tahoe Blue. *If you are having trouble finding trash cans on your journey, please leave whatever it is in the kayak and one of our Travel Ambassadors will be happy to dispose of it.
Tips and Tidbits
• The kayaks can act as quite a reflector of the sun, so be sure not to forget to lather up on the sunscreen before and throughout your adventure. Hats are a great addition to your attire, as well.
• Hydrate. We always recommend bringing your own cool, hydrating beverages.
• Wear items you aren’t afraid to get wet because getting wet cannot be avoided.
• Leave your prized possessions at home. We provide dry bags that do well at keeping your things free of moisture, but sometimes the world works in mysterious ways and things could get wet, so please take the necessary precautions to prevent accidents. Some like to store their phones and other related items in Ziploc bags.
• Be prepared to get a workout! This is an active experience and you will need to exert some energy to get these kayaks/SUPs moving. But please don't overdo it! Take breaks when necessary and don't feel pressured to paddle a long distance. Lake Tahoe is gorgeous from every angle, so try to just enjoy and appreciate it; even if you do not make it very far or all the way to the location seen in lots of our pictures!
• Be sure to relax and really take in the scenery. There is so much beauty to be seen and natural wonders to discover; soak it up.
For special requests or to discuss any of the above, please let us know in the 'Comments' section when booking or contacting us.
For more information about The Clear Experience; see our FAQs page.
Download and sign the Kayak/SUP Rental Equipment Agreement, Waiver and Release of Liability
Wild Society is also an authorized dealer of Crystal Kayaks; giving you the exciting opportunity to purchase one of your very own and enjoy the magical waters around the world whenever you want!
North Lake Tahoe